|View printer-friendly version|
DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--July 26, 2004--Zix Corporation (ZixCorp(R)), (Nasdaq:ZIXI), a global provider of e-messaging protection and transaction services, today announced it has formed a Content Policies Advisory Board to oversee its PocketScript(TM), MyDocOnline(TM), and Dr. Chart(R) care delivery applications. The Board will be under the guidance of Daniel Z. Sands, M.D., M.P.H., chief medical officer and vice president for ZixCorp.
The Content Policies Advisory Board will be responsible for the review of information displayed to users of the applications to ensure that it is scientifically sound and unbiased, embodies the highest standards of professional integrity in healthcare messaging, and facilitates efficient, high-quality treatment of the patient.
Charter members of the Board are:
- Andrew S. Baumel, M.D., practicing pediatrician from Framingham, Mass.
- Kenneth W. Goodman, Ph.D., associate professor of medicine and philosophy; director, bioethics program, and co-director, ethics programs, University of Miami
- Lisa Soleymani Lehmann, M.D., Ph.D., M.Sc., instructor in medicine and medical ethics at Harvard Medical School and associate physician at Brigham and Women's Hospital
- David F. Lobach, M.D., Ph.D., M.S., associate professor and chief, Division of Clinical Informatics, Department of Community and Family Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, N.C.
- Peter Winkelstein, M.D., associate professor of clinical pediatrics, Department of Pediatrics and adjunct associate professor of informatics, School of Informatics, University at Buffalo, State University of New York
The Board's membership may be expanded to comprise professionals from a variety of healthcare sectors including medical practice, academic medicine, medical ethics, and other related fields.
"The main purpose of the board is to ensure that we at ZixCorp are doing everything possible to continue to provide information in a trusted and ethical manner," said Dr. Sands. "ZixCorp recognizes the importance of providing information to physicians and patients that can be helpful in informed decision making and education. Equally important is the need to provide the sources of such information and messaging, and to minimize their intrusiveness and strive for objectivity in their content. To that end, this independent expert panel will provide a thoughtful and deliberate review of the user experience."
ZixCorp's PocketScript is an e-prescribing application that enables providers to write and transmit prescriptions electronically directly to pharmacies. MyDocOnline is a Web-based e-consulting communications tool that uses the Internet to enable patients to schedule appointments, complete doctor visits, receive health information from their physicians, and interact with self-help tools. Dr. Chart connects healthcare providers and laboratories to enable physicians to initiate lab orders, check medical necessity compliance and view lab results online.
About Zix Corporation
Zix Corporation (ZixCorp(R)) is a global provider of e-messaging protection and transaction services. ZixCorp offers a range of solutions to protect organizations from viruses, spam, and electronic attack, as well as enabling secure electronic communications, such as email encryption, e-prescribing, on-line doctor visits, and electronic lab results. ZixCorp helps organizations of any size to streamline operations, reduce risks, and leverage the efficiencies of e-messaging. For more information, visit www.zixcorp.com.
CONTACT: Zix Corporation, Dallas
Kim Tompkins, 214-515-7338
Peter Wilensky, 214-515-7357
SOURCE: Zix Corporation