|View printer-friendly version|
DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--June 14, 2005--Zix Corporation (ZixCorp(R)), (Nasdaq:ZIXI), a global provider of secure e-messaging, e-prescribing, and e-transaction applications and services, today announced that five regional nonprofit healthcare facilities have signed three-year contracts for its ZixVPM (Virtual Private Messenger) secure email solution.
These new customers include:
- Northeast Health -- a community healthcare system based in Rockland, Maine, which purchased the service for 550 users.
- Community Services Group -- a state-wide mental health, mental retardation care provider based in Mountville, Pa., which will have up to 499 users.
- Pioneers Memorial Hospital -- a regional facility based in Brawley, Calif., which purchased the service for 499 users.
- Lima Memorial Health System -- a Lima, Ohio, regional facility, which purchased the service for 400 users.
- Mary Free Bed Rehabilitation Hospital -- a Grand Rapids, Mich., facility dedicated to comprehensive rehabilitation for adults and children, which will have 499 users.
The organizations chose ZixVPM to meet the security guidelines of the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA). The service will provide system-wide email encryption and includes a built-in HIPAA lexicon that detects outgoing protected health information (PHI) to ensure compliance and patient confidentiality.
"ZixCorp's position in securing email for the healthcare community continues to strengthen," said Rick Spurr, chief executive officer for ZixCorp. "As these organizations demonstrate, our customers span both coasts and middle America. Because of our service model, these smaller regional facilities can take advantage of all the robust capabilities provided to our larger customers with the same ease of use and interoperability. We welcome them and many others like them to the ZixCorp network of customers."
About Zix Corporation
Zix Corporation (ZixCorp(R)) provides easy-to-use-and-deploy e-communication services that protect, manage, and deliver sensitive information to enterprises and consumers in healthcare, finance, insurance, and government. ZixCorp's eSecure services enable policy-driven email encryption, content filtering and send-to-anyone capability while its eHealth services improve patient care, reduce costs, and improve efficiency through e-prescribing and e-lab solutions. For more information, visit www.zixcorp.com.
Christa Osswald, 214-370-2175
Peter Wilensky, 214-515-7357
SOURCE: Zix Corporation