|View printer-friendly version|
DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct. 25, 2004--Zix Corporation (ZixCorp(R)), (Nasdaq:ZIXI), a global provider of secure e-messaging, e-prescribing, and e-transaction applications and services, today announced the availability of the latest version of its Web filtering solution, Web Inspector(R) 7.1.
Web Inspector 7.1's new features include the ability to control Web usage by file type (mp3, exe, wav, zip, etc.), number of bytes downloaded, and set surf-time quotas by category and bandwidth usage. It comes with flexible, easy-to-use reporting and real-time alerting capabilities that help companies protect themselves against the growing exposure to Spyware and potential litigation caused by employees illegally downloading copyrighted files.
Web Inspector is a flexible, highly reliable Web filtering solution that lets companies enforce and manage their Internet usage policy by monitoring and, if necessary, blocking access to inappropriate Web sites, ultimately guarding against security threats and boosting employee productivity.
"As Web content grows in complexity and diversity, monitoring and controlling corporate Internet access is becoming increasingly necessary," said Peter Firstbrook, program director at META Group, a leading provider of IT research, advisory services and strategic consulting. "Web filtering technologies that monitor and block access to non-business-related Web content can potentially save bandwidth, improve employee productivity, reduce liability, and enhance security."
To protect businesses against the possibility of loss incurred by employees ignoring their companies' Web policies, Web Inspector 7.1 also comes with additional new features, including:
- The ability to monitor, control, and report on new protocols other than HTTP, including HTTPS, FTP, NNTP (news groups), SMTP, Telnet, IRC (chat), ICQ (Instant Messaging), America Online, AOL Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, and RTSP (Real Time Streaming Protocol)
- Enhanced reporting capabilities
- Improved Web site classification with new dictionaries
- The ability to send a warning to a user, but not block them from going to the Web site
- Administrative enhancements such as WatchDog Service, which monitors the operation of the WI services and informs the administrator via email if there is a critical failure in one of the services, and support of two NICs, which will enable easier integration in the customer's network
- User authentication through forced logins, allowing users to change their own passwords
"Web Inspector has been an industry leader for several years. Version 7.1 addresses the very specific and complicated security threats and copyright issues companies now face in the digital media age," said Lee Brooks, product manager for ZixCorp. "Internet usage and its impact on employee productivity is a growing concern for companies. With this new release, we've provided our customers with more options and more ways to manage their employees' Internet usage, whether through blocking file downloading or setting surf-time quotas. Return on the product's investment comes quickly through increased productivity and decreased risk from Spyware and Adware through file downloading."
About Zix Corporation
Zix Corporation (ZixCorp(R)) is a global provider of secure e-messaging, e-prescribing, and e-transaction applications and services. ZixCorp offers a range of solutions to protect organizations from viruses, spam, and electronic attack, as well as enabling secure electronic communications, such as email encryption, e-prescribing, on-line doctor visits, and electronic lab orders and results. ZixCorp helps organizations of any size to streamline operations, mitigate risks, and leverage the efficiencies of e-messaging. For more information, visit www.zixcorp.com.
CONTACT: Zix Corporation, Dallas
Christa Osswald, 214-370-2175
Peter Wilensky 214-515-7357
SOURCE: Zix Corporation